August 9, 2009

making a Godly home

I am currently listening to a sermon series by Charity Ministries on making a Godly home and training up children for the Lord. This is something that we have failed at in our home. We are now reaping the fruit of our labor with our children and it is bitter fruit.

Hubby and I want godly children that are sold out to God and strong in their convictions. We desire children that bring honor to the family not shame and rejection because they are so out of control no one wants to be around us. We want our whole family to be the Christian love and life that draws people to Jesus because they see Him in us.

We have been consistently inconsistent. We have tried all the psycho-babble and have very confused children. We yelled, we withheld love, we whined, begged, pouted and bribed. WE the ADULTS acted more like spoiled children in our response to their behavior...we did every single thing we could thing to change THEM. We really should have been trying to change US first.

The Bible in a passage about King David calls the father to restore the relationship not the other way around. It shows hard David's heart was too hard to hear his son and the downfall that came of it.

We have done so much wrong and yet we did get one thing right...my children do desire the Lord... they just don't know to have Him in control of their whole heart, soul and mind.


No MORE.
We are planting new seeds. We will tend our little flowers and train them up the right way. We will reap a good harvest and the fruits will be pleasing to God.

We are learning God's way. We are changing US first. We through Christ will change ourselves and our children which will change our whole lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5