October 16, 2008

Fall

Well, it is that time of year again. The weather is changing and finally cooling off. The birds are heading south. The leaves...well they are just dropping off the trees skipping the pesky colorful part. The squirrels are busy fighting over the few pecans on the trees as our summer was too dry to produce much.

Fall in North Texas is fast and almost uneventful. More of an after thought really than a season.
sigh

I miss FALL. A real fall. You know with beautiful changing leaves, cold crisp mornings, the smell of a woodfire burning somewhere in the night.

We lived in Washington state for a few years and that is what I call fall! The colors looked like God used every crayon in His box. The mornings were crisp with a light fog rolling in from the ocean. The mountains standing tall with their royal colors blazing in the light. It was perfect. If you didn't mind the rain! LOL ahhh...I can almost see it now.

I might not be able to have the scenery around here but I can have some of my other fall favs.
So this next week I am going to bake some fall favorites like apple pie and peanutbutter cookies. We will drag out the mums and put some color in the flower bed. Dust off the old scarcrow and put him in his place on the porch. Get the apple cider brewing and maybe break out the hot cocoa...course we may have to cracnk down the A/C to enjoy them ;)

Hopefully we can go camping soon so we can have smores and enjoy the slightly cooler temps before winter comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5