August 18, 2012

dresser turned media cabinet

Having 3 kids down with strep for 2 weeks and me down with a rib injury including hospital time had me going nuts. I needed to be creative. But my projects in varying stages of completion at the house didn't interest me.

Enter FB buy and sell group cruising on my new Kindle Fire.
At midnight...
isn't that when the best  stuff is posted?!
and bought it seems. 


I spotted this dresser as part of a 3 piece bedroom set.
The seller wanted to not split the group but thankfully I know her sister and we have traded several times in the past. At 9am in the ending rain I snapped up the dresser and rushed home determined to have it DONE before my love came home to another unfinished project.
BEFORE- opps, I always forget a true before pic.
here it is cleaned and lightly sanded on some water damaged areas

I mixed up a charcoal gray homemade "chalk" paint and in under 2 hours we had down 2 coats of paint.

basically DONE. I have to find some crystal knobs, glaze, and wax it.
we cut holes in the back to accomadate the wires and hooked up the satellite, vcr, and Uverse

the twist matches my coffee table! BONUS!
For some reason in my living room this charcoal gray turns into a beautiful blue that totally matches my new suitcase "side table".  I painted the back of Bub's door with this color and when I take my stir stick from whipping up the "chalk" paint it still matches the dark gray in there. WEIRD. Guess it is the pumpkin butter walls.  Hoping to repaint the walls and add board and batten this fall!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dresser. Did you get Kenzie signed up for ballet and if so when is the recital. Trying to figure out how I can make reunion and the recital. Let me know. LOVE Saralyn

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5