August 17, 2012

vintage suitcase find

I needed a side table for the end of my couch and french chair area but nothing I saw seemed to fit with my already mismatched coffee table and Granny's hand me down side table.



another FB buy/sell/trade find
Hubs and Justice having a wrestle on the couch

my oldest daughter with the camera hog dog

Granny's table redone in antique silver faux finish



On a FB vintage style group someone posted 1 cute little old suitcase in a dusty blue gray. A week later we drove to Ft Worth to meet up with the antiques dealer and purchase 3 of the matching suitcases.




These 3 suitcases now hold all the blankets my mom and mother in law have made the kids, baby blankets, and extra decorative blankets.  They are hard sided cases so setting down drinks and books is a breeze and no worries about spills because they are leather. 

The blue ended up a happy accident in matching my IKEA rug (that is outside waiting to be cleaned thanks to the pups) and it matches my latest project... a dresser turned media area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5