June 25, 2010

PLUM JELLY


 
5 lb. plums
7 1/2 c. sugar
1 box Sure-Jell (fruit pectin)
1 1/2 c. water
Pit, do not peel, plums. Finely chop or grind fruit. Place in large saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To extract juice, place prepared fruit in a dampened jelly bag or several thicknesses of cheese cloth. Allow ample time for juice to drip through. When dripping is almost ceased, or to speed up the extraction, gently press or squeeze bag.Use 5 1/2 cups of juice, place juice in large saucepan. Stir in fruit pectin, bring to a full rolling boil, immediately stir in sugar, bring to a full rolling boil stirring continuously. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off foam, place in prepared jelly jars.
Preparation of jelly jars: Place jars in boiler or cooking utensil sufficiently deep to allow water to flow over top of jars, bring to a boil. Fill with jelly while still hot, wipe rim with a damp cloth to remove any jelly. Place lids, that have been heated in hot water, on jars, tighten rings over lids, return to boiler and boil for 5 minutes at slow boil. Remove from water and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5