June 23, 2010

Houston, we have a problem

The dresser rehab is out of control! Flames may as well be shooting off it because we have total system FAILURE!

On Sunday afternoon Hubby ripped off the top weird piece, sawed/busted out the shelves and center and removed some of the hardware. Then we went back to work, VBS and packed my oldest off on Mission Trip. In the meantime I researched what type of stripper to use, picked out a paint color and bought supplies.

Then I found out the hard way... stripper does NOT work outside at all when you live just a few exits north of hell. The 100+ temp (before noon) dries it out too fast to work. I bought the good stuff that strips anything in 15 min or less. Still can't compete with the Texas heat. UGH. I also learned that stripper hurts worse than fire ants' stings when the wind blows off it the chip brush onto bare legs. OUCH! And that odorless mineral spirits makes the pain go away but one is still left with red burn marks. Interesting tid-bit... flies, wasps, caterpillars and ants love them some Strip-X and flock to it like Mecca... just thought I would share in case anyone is allergic or phobic like I am, ahem.

I have managed to get the sandpaper texture off and the layers of paint and WALLPAPER off 50% of the cabinet.*happy dance*

This afternoon we are getting a power sander when we go to town to teach VBS.
Right now I am going to mineral spirit the dresser so it can be brought back inside and clean up my HAZMAT mess off my concrete before the Code Enforcer drives by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5