August 19, 2009

pear butter

3 lbs. pears (or 4 c.
prepared fruit)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 1/2 c. crushed pineapple
1 box Sur-Jel
5 1/2 c. sugar

how to-
Cook pears until soft (approx. 10-15 min.) at a low simmer. After fruit has softened,
mash with potato masher. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, pineapple, and Sur-Jel. Bring to
a hard boil, then stir in sugar. Bring again to a hard boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes. (Test to
see if ready by putting a small amount in a bowl, and see if it sets up when cool.) If it is
ready to set up, turn off heat and let cool 1-2 minutes. Skim off foam and pour into jelly
jars and seal (canning water bath)

1 comment:

  1. Well, i'm not a big fan of PB, but I'll have to pass this onto my sister. :)

    Thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5