July 19, 2009

still here and the full story

We are still here in Montana.
We have been making the hour drive into the city to see BIL daily. Spend most of the day there but the kids get tired of sitting and the hotel SIL has is not much fun either.

I stayed at the house today with the kids to help clean house and do up all the laundry for SIL. Plus the 3 of us needed a break to just veg a bit. Tomorrow we will head to the city to catch a flight HOME! I miss my little ones back in Texas and we are all looking forward to our own beds.

I was told the whole story of BIL's collapse. It is was worse than we thought.

BIL was in the bathroom and felt off with his heart/breathing. He was having what was thought to be heart issues for a few months and was in the process of adjusting meds with his Dr. He made it to his room but passed out hitting the foot board of the bed very hard. His 8 yr old son was standing there and saw it all so he screamed for SIL. She came in to find her hubby in a pool of blood, unconscious and having seizures. She called 911 immediately. He was out about 10 minutes and turned grayish for a bit before the EMTs arrived to find BIL with no blood pressure. He revived without medical help and was rushed to the city an hour away. Dr's there thought it was still his heart and meds and wanted to send him home. Luckily SIL would not allow it. A new Dr came on duty in the morning and asked the 'right question'..."Do you hurt anywhere besides the broken nose?" and BIL was like "yeah, the back of my legs hurt..." That was all it took and he was rushed to MRI. Massive clots were seen in his lungs and legs. The Dr gave SIL a brief update and got authorized for surgery. BIL was in surgery minutes later.

The hospital/EMTs were shocked he was alive after the first episode; the general surgeon thinks the fall broke loose a clot from the heart or lungs and actually saved his life.

On Tuesday of next week a plastic surgeon will operate on BIL's nose rebreaking it, correctly possitioning it, and 'roto-rooter' out the bone fragments that are completely blocking his left nostril. The scarey part is BIL must be off blood thinners 24 hours prior to surgery and there is a high chance of more clotting. Also the filter in his artery may need removed sooner than later as he was still clotting heavily and it may be 'full'.

We are grateful for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5