January 18, 2009

Made it through the first days

I went to Connected Hearts (also called Open Hearts Ministry) on Friday night and most of Saturday. Whoa. That was more intense than I was prepared for! I can not really talk about it but I can say that once this course is over in 10 wks I will be a different person.

I continue to ask for prayer covering during this time. Hubby and I are doing this course and we have been told it can take a toll on marriage when both spouses go through it at the same time. It opens up wounds real and perceived and causes you to take responsibility for your actions only and stop taking the blame for things that were not your fault. So it really makes you open up and think and talk like never before to your spouse. Being open and raw and talking can sure get little things turned into BIG ISSUES if we are not careful.

I am also in a mentoring class and the teacher has asked for me to privately mentor with her. I am so grateful to God as I have prayed for about 4 yrs for a godly mentor to come along side me in a Titus 2 way. My prayers have been answered! Thank you God.

Now I must get off the computer and rest and pray because we have church tonight and I am supposed to be making a list of what I desire to be mentored in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5