January 23, 2009

God provides even the small details

As everyone knows I have been extremely sick the last few days. In response to my family's needs the church has been providing meals at night.

In our house Friday night is pizza and a movie night. A night to just be together as a family and enjoy a good Christian movie. Tonight I figured would be the exception. Everyone has been preparing what we call 'sick food' you know good wholesome homemade comfort food like soups and casseroles. Delicious! But not pizza.

So when Hubby got home unexpectedly this afternoon I sent our oldest daughter across the street to fetch the mail. There was only one thing, a Netflix packet. As she was outside my phone rang with a dear church member asking for directions to my home as she was lost. Turns out she was just done the street and could see our daughter at the mail box.

Our oldest ran in with the Netflix packet and back out again as the friend drove up to greet her at the street (no one comes in just in case my flu is still contagious)

And what do you suppose the friend dropped off? Our usual order of pizza! Cheese and Pepperoni! We are picky pizza people and not many people know our likes. She had not called ahead to ask us what we wanted, but it worked out.

We sat down tonight to watch Wonders of God's Creation and enjoy some good pizza.

God is in the even the smallest details!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hon, so sorry you are sick. And wow how neat about "God" delivering the pizza, He loves you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5