April 25, 2012

Patriot's Journey - unofficial 2nd opinion


I had to stop at the vet's yesterday for heart worm and flea meds and I was able to catch one of the senior vets at the desk.  I asked him about Pate's heart condition and he said there is nothing we can do that he knows of for VPC. He expressed his sadness, gave his condolences, said it would stunt her growth and offered advice on her heart worm and flea med since the girls are becoming so different in sizes. Of course it isn't "official" as he didn't have her charts and his opinion is based only on the original diagnosis of VPC/heart failure.

We will seek an OFFICIAL 2nd opinion at another vet over the summer. We aren't wanting to do anything that will stress her until she is fully healed from her spay since that is what caused the sudden onset in the first place.  She is growing, eating, and playing. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or have any issues causing her distress at the time so we will just let her be a puppy enjoying her life. That's all we really want for both girls... to live and enjoy life to its fullest.


In the meantime my girls are loving getting ice in the water bowel! Justice as always gone 'snorking' in the water to blow bubbles and let the water run from her jowels (preferablely all over us if she can!)

Here is a short video from today of Patriot and Justice bobbing for ice cubes


1 comment:

  1. Just love her as long as you have her...whether it be as long as you intended or not. :) You're a good doggie Momma.

    Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5