January 22, 2011

fire

Yesterday I went to a friend's baby shower then decided to visit another friend since I was just around the corner. Hubby was working late so I stayed gone all day and we met up for a late dinner.
We pulled into the drive well after dark when I spotted something in the yard.





Closer inspection revealed our water hose drug across our first driveway (but still too short to be useful) and a 10x30 ft area of burn damage. We are not sure how or why this happened as our ground is so wet you sink in the mud and the grass is damp.  The local PD said they did receive a "fire" call at 4:30-5pm and it was attended by the FD (the building just up the street in the 2nd photo) they had no other information. We have to wait for business hours on Monday to learn more info.

Thankfully we are a block from the FD so this fire was out safely and very fast.


Oh and Hubby reminds me that in the almost 5 yrs we have lived here-
the cars have been egged
dead fish thrown all over the house and cars
bottle rocket thrown at front porch on New Year's Eve
"Bomb" blown up beind house in my neighbors' drive (just 10 ft from my childrens' bedrooms!)
strange lady showing up at midnight knocking on all the doors and windows asking for Bub by our nick name for him
and now this fire

I asked if we should worry about a bloody horse head showing up in our bed (name that movie!) and NO we are not in the business of ticking off neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5