February 12, 2010

Record breaking snow day

 Yesterday we woke up to snow falling fast, thick and furious.
Photobucket

Hubby snapped this on his way from work.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

View from our front porch this morning
Photobucket

Our street
Photobucket

Our home and trees
Photobucket

My poor weeping willow is breaking under the weight
Photobucket

The playhouse
Photobucket

Wish the Jeep was fixed. it would be a blast to go for a ride today
Photobucket

The side yard
Photobucket

The bird bath and my crepe myrtles
Photobucket


THE RECORDS--
The National Weather Service has issued its official snow total for Thursday, as measured at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport reporting station: 11.2 inches. It eclipses the previous 24-hour snowfall record by 3.7 inches.  So far this season, we've received a total of 14.4 inches, the third-highest winter total for North Texas since records have been kept.  WFAA

Greatest all-time calendar day snow on record set at DFW. The old record is 7.8 in set on 1-15-64 and 1-14-17. Record 24-hour snow for Feb, Record daily maximum snowfall for Feb 11th Through 7 PM DFW Airport recorded 7.9 in of snow. also breaks the record 24-hr snowfall for Feb which was 7.5 in. set 2-17-78 and 1-25-2...4. Obviously this shatters record daily max snowfall for Feb 11th of 1.4 in set in 1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5