January 4, 2010

the schedule- hearth keeper 'over haul'

I sat down last week and came up with the best "schedule" I could considering I *hate* scheduling.

We started today and it is going far better than I could have dreamed! So far we are running an hour ahead and I have not napped which is HUGE since I got very little sleep last night.

Schedule 
5 am 
wake up for Hubby and I.
get breakfast going, make Hubby's lunch
make our bed
start laundry
 
5:30-6 am 
family up, eat, Bible time
 
6 am 
Hubby off to work
clean up breakfast, 15 min pick up of living room
children do "bedroom" chores, shower, dress
 final tidy of bathrooms
 
8 am- 12 pm 
school time for all 3 children. 
Mom's reading time or exercise and Bible 30 minutes
 lunch

1 pm
lunch clean up
quiet reading time/ read  aloud
free time

3 pm
quick tidy of house
prepare for **evening activities**
wait for Hubby to arrive
free time

5-6 pm dinner
leave for **evening activities**

8-9 pm
20 min of Bible time
prepare children for bed
couple time

**evening activities**
Karate- Tuesday
AWANA- Wednesday
Men's Fraternity- Thrusday

This is a Tuesday through Friday schedule. Mondays we go to fine art classes so we miss "school, lunch, quiet time" at the house. We are trying to figure out a way to add some sort of school back in on Monday. That is the only draw back we have found to full time computer schooling since the laptop died.  Maybe a trip to the library for some special reading material for those days and a report is in order. Maybe learning a handiwork skill. Whatever we do there are 6+ hours of time that needs filled for 2 of the 3 children waiting on classes.

The best comment today was  my oldest  daughter telling me "the house runs so much smoother doing it this way".  She is right. It has been a better day with less fighting, stress, mess, and me yelling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5