November 26, 2008

Mamaw M's "son-in-law" salad

This is Mamaw M's recipe. She was Mamaw S's mother's mother, making her your kids' great-great-grandmother. It was named in honor of "Daddy Bill."

I usually double the pineapple, cherries and marshmallows for my family.
The more marshmallows you put in makes it bigger also.


1 can pineapple tidbits drained
2 small jars of red and green Maraschino cherries drained and cut into fourths
leave out 6 cherries to be cut in half
bag of baby marshmallows
1 bag of crushed pecans or 1 bag of whole pecans to crush and leave about 12 whole
Lg.sour cream
Lg. Cool Whip

Combined pineapples, cherries, marshmallows, & crushed pecans in a mixing bowl
Blend in just enough sour cream so all is covered and pour into a pretty bowl
Spread Cool Whip over complete top of mixture
To decorate the top cut 6 cherries in half and use whole pecans....You can also just sprinkle crushed ones on top
Arrange all in a pretty pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5