November 25, 2008

Good News and Bad News

Yesterday we got up and drove the hour into the city before the sun came up for my daughter's EGD and colonoscopy.

It was a quick procedure that lasted about an hour. The dr came out and gave me pictures he had taken of her insides. EWW! HE sat with me to talk about what he had done and what he had found. He said the good news was he found nothing obviously wrong. Her colon, large intestines, throat and stomach are perfect. No signs of Crohn's, cancer, IBD, ulcers or polyps. Nothing life threatening or needing surgical treatment! AWESOME NEWS! But that is also the bad news...he found nothing that is causing the pain and bleeding. He took biopsies just to 100% rule everything out.

So now he is leaning towards a metabolic disorder or a small intestine issue. We go back in 4 wks unless the biopsies come back abnormal. He will do a breath test for the metabolic disorders and he wants her to swallow a camera pill so he can image the small intestine. We talked about how since birth all 3 of my children have had times of 'sweet breath' like someone waking from anesthesia or something fermented. The Dr said that does sound like a metabolic disorder esp since all 3 have it.

It is a load off my mind and heart that the really bad thing are ruled out.
Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that the scary stuff was ruled out.

    Praying for wisdom and direction for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5