April 3, 2013

bed rest

I had what I thought was bad allergies start when a storm blew through the area this weekend. When fever hit (and still won't leave!) I knew it wasn't just allergies. I have some sort of lung virus/crud/ that has me knocked flat out on my bum. I can't get up and move or talk without starting to cough/choke/hack until I can't breathe and nearly puke. Good times. My sinuses are also killing me and making a headache OTC meds haven't touched.

Of course dear hubby left for a "2 day road trip" for work Monday and still isn't back so the kids are enjoying that I can't get on to them or tell them to do chores ;) Luckily hubs is back in the DFW area and finishing the training he is teaching so he will be home tonight!

I did feel slightly decent for 30 minutes last night and had to get off my couch bed and DO SOMETHING... like recover Princess's desk chair. UGH. I suffered for it as the 40(?) yr old dirt and junk particles flew up and caused my nose to run like a faucet. ewww....   BUT it is DONE. She is in there hand sanding it now so we can try and paint it this weekend, God willing, when I feel better.

At the doctor today, he loaded me up on steroids, antibiotic, cough syrup (the good kind with codeine in it so I can sleep) and cough drops. I honestly think that was the shortest visit with my doctor ever since I couldn't talk. LOL! He looked. He listened. He ran out of the room and then when he came back with my scripts he stood waaaaaayyyyyyy over there plenty far from me. Gee that makes me feel so great. He said it can take 2 weeks for this crud to run its course. wahhhh.

The only good news is I am OFFICIALLY 30 PLUS pounds LIGHTER! Weighing in at 184lb and my doctor is very pleased. :) He has lowered my thyroid pill to half a dose and taken me off all my other meds. He doesn't think I need to lose any more but I want to drop 10 more lbs and tone up which I know will add some weight back... muscle is heavier than fat and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5