September 18, 2012

strep, surgery, school, and swimming

What a few weeks its been since I was last on a computer! I tried to blog from my new Kindle Fire but it is giving me trouble with blogger (won't scroll).

To recap-

Bub caught strep throat and was pretty miserable until his antibiotics kicked in. A week later Princess caught it and even on meds she couldn't break her high fever and was getting so sick we had to see the DR for a steroid shot and antibiotic shot. That didn't have much effect for another 48 hrs poor thing. :( Another week later Oldest claimed her throat was hurting. UGH! Call tot he DR and meds kept her from getting too bad.
Whatever strain they had scared us with it spreading to others even on antibiotics, strict quarantines and tons of sanitizing.

The hubs tore his meniscus and patella tendons somehow about 7 wks ago and due to many issues beyond our control he is still awaiting surgery. He is scheduled for a week Friday which will make it over 8 wks to be walking around on ripped tendons and a knee swelled up like a watermelon.

I had my thyroid scan done for the year and PRAISE GOD they couldn't find one of the lumps and the other lump shrank from 9 to 7/8mm!  I haven't seen the Endo for the official word because of dealing with Hubby's injury but my PCP upped my thyroid med because it seems to be working.

We started back to school after a very short summer break. Oldest daughter is doing 8th grade English, History and Geography, Science and Bible with 9th grade Math. Princess is doing 5th grade English, History and Geography, Science and Bible with 6th grade Math. Bub is doing first grade Math but refusing to show us how much he can read so he will be starting tutoring 2 days a week.  I didn't teach the girls to read and the way I learned (sight words) isn't the method used now days. I really don't get phonics leaving us both frustrated. SIGH.

And because we don't have enough going on the girls are on the USA swim team 3 days a week. Princess started ballet on Mondays. Bub joined Boy Scouts. Hubs and I joined a marriage class at church. Hubby teaches two nights a week. And of course church on Sundays. Sounds like a ton of work but thankfully all activities are within blocks of each other and only a couple hours at evening.
What was that about home schooled kids aren't socialized!?
LOL


my new Tiger Scout!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5