He believes my main issue is my adrenal glands. I have all the signs except for the illness recovery (probably since I take herbs at the first sign of sickness)
You may have Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome if you are experiencing some of these symptoms:
- Fatigue, lethargy:
- Lack of energy in the mornings, and also in the afternoon between 3 and 5 pm. Often feel tired between 9 and 10 pm, but resist going to bed.
- Lightheadedness (including dizziness and fainting) when rising from a sitting or laying-down position.
- Lowered blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering (brain fog).
- Consistently feeling unwell or difficulty recovering from infections.
- Craving either salty or sugary foods to keep going.
- Unexplained hair loss.
- Alternating constipation and diarrhea.
- Mild depression.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Sleep difficulties.
- Unexplained pain in the upper back or neck.
- Increased symptoms of PMS for women – periods are heavy and then stop (or almost stop) on the 4th day, only to start flow again on the 5th or 6th day.
- Tendency to gain weight and inability to lose it – especially around the waist.
- High frequency of getting the flu and other respiratory diseases – plus a tendency for them to last longer than usual.
In my physical exam he thought he may have felt something like a tumor on the adrenal gland (kidney area). He ordered a test using high powered steroids for that night with blood work in the morning. The results will tell us if there is a tumor which will require surgery. I should hear back on the test results in about a week or when I go back for my other DR visits.
He is all for finding out why I feel so bad and getting me back to normal! I am glad to have found a DR willing to listen and not just assume I am making it up or it is from my tubal ligation reversal. Also happy this DR was PRO reversal and babies. Another plus in my book :)
Of course I am off the the health food store just as soon as they open on Monday for some adrenal support herbs and cancer fighting B12 and apricot pits. More abdominal surgery is not on my list for the end of the year.