December 8, 2010

"Son-in-law" salad

a few whole pecans
1/2 pk crushed pecans
1 can crushed pineapple drained
2 small jars red cherries
2 small jars green cherries
8 oz of Cool Whip
16 oz sour cream
half pk of small marshmallows

drain all fruit, cut red cherries in halves. green cherries in quarters. set aside 10 of each color cherries. mix fruit, crushed pecans, Cool Whip, sour cream, marshmallows. pour into deep serving bowl. cover with Cool Whip and smooth top. make "flowers" on top with the cut red cherries using the green one as "leaves"  and add whole pecans

this is an old family recipe on Hubby's side served every Thankgiving, Christmas or special occasion. a bit expensive but well worth it!  not used as a  typical "desert" but served with the meal. tangy and sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5