May 19, 2010

Potato Bread Recipe

Potato Bread Recipe

6 C. flour

2 medium sized potatoes

1 C. potato water

1/2 C. butter

3/4 C. sugar

2 eggs with milk to make 1 C. liquid

2 t. salt

2 packages yeast

1/4 C. warm water

Boil potatoes until tender. Mash and add the cup of potato water to a large bowl.

Add yeast to a small bowl with 1 t. of the sugar and add the warm water.

Add the sugar, melted butter and salt to the mashed potatoes. Stir. When the potato water mixture is cool, mix in the yeast. Add the eggs and milk. Add the flour a cup at a time and make a soft dough. Place dough on a floured board and knead it about 10 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic.

Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, covered. Knead a few minutes and divide the dough into 2 loaves. Place dough in greased bread pans and let rise until double.

Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F. and finish baking for another 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5