May 5, 2010

curbside freebie

Tonight I did my first curbside freebie grab! A neighbor had set out a dresser last night and I passed it by. I didn't have time or space in my SUV to grab it so I decided if it was still there today it was meant to be. I totally forgot about it til tonight coming home from AWANA.

But there it was still waiting to go home with me!

I told Hubby about it and he promised after filing time sheets for work and IF his allergies calmed down he would drive the get away truck. :) I was too eager to wait on him after being home 2 hours so I grabbed my daughters and drove down the block. Imagine my surprise when the dresser turned out to be SOLID WOOD!!!!!! The girls and I couldn't pick it up alone so we flagged down a man and he loaded it for us.

The dresser maybe solid wood but someone gave it a good dose of "faux stone" white spray paint. HELLO! It is WOOD not "rock"!!! So it will be a beast to sand down.

Now to decide what to do with it.
Color?
Keep it as a dresser?
Make a cool book shelf/toy storage?

I hope to use Princess's laptop camera to get some pics of it on here tomorrow. We'll see as I am tech challenged.

3 comments:

  1. what did you end up doing with that great find? i have a piece i am still deciding on, but it wasn't free! good for you.

    thanks so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your input on my wall art. i was thinking blue, too, but wasn't sure if there was too much of THAT, then. oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did post pics! http://trustinggodntx.blogspot.com/2010/05/2-new-projects.html

    This will be featured on "What Would You Do With It Wednesday" June 16th.

    I will be sure to link up so you can throw out ideas too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5