May 11, 2010

coiled rope baskets

I was looking for something for the girls to do on our road trip
 besides watching movies, whining, and fighting
when I remembered the coiled rope baskets I made in high school.

So I grabbed some jute rope left over from my jute jug project.




Some yarn we had from our feeble attempts at "Knifty Knitting"


And instructions from here

 using a large plastic purple Knifty Knitter needle for the stitching
SAFETY FIRST! ;)
sorry no pic!

I got Peanut started with the first 2 rows and left her to it.
Princess is now wanting a go
but she has to wait til I get another plastic needle.

The house is quiet with Peanut concentrating on
wrap, wrap, wrap, figure 8
wrap, wrap, wrap, figure 8...

Why didn't I do earlier?! 
Quiet hand work
Projects they will be proud of
gifts for the Grandmas


images courtesy of 
YarnCountry.com
Shutterstock
IncredibleArt.org

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I have been looking for some time for directions for this. Thank you sooooooo very much! D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5