April 30, 2010

and now some good news

I had an HSG today.

Hysterosalpingogram - HSG - fertility test for tubal patency and normalcy of the uterine cavity

A hysterosalpingogram, or HSG is an important test of female fertility potential. The HSG test is a radiology procedure usually done in the radiology department of a hospital or outpatient radiology facility.
  • Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix.

  • The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open, dye fills the tubes and spills into the abdominal cavity.
This determines if the fallopian tubes are open or blocked and whether a blockage is located at the junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or whether it is at the other end of the fallopian tube (distal). These are the areas where the tube is most commonly blocked.

I went in knowing this procedure would have the potential to affect the way Hubby and I uh "live". We both do not want to go through another ectopic surgery and frankly we can't afford it. Since we have given over *every* part of our lives to God and trust His judgment this could have caused some issues in the faith and trust department.

BUT....

All is GOOD! The HSG was fairly quick and reasonably pain free. The right tube "spilled" first and with some effort by the nurse with the plunger and dye the left tube "spilled" as well. The radiologist said his initial opinion was that "both tubes are clear, open and good." My left tube that has suffered through 3 surgeries is not showing any damage or internal scar tissue. HUGE RELIEF!  The final part of the test checked my uterus and showed no scarring or growths. I think some "stuff" was dislodged from my left tube based on how hard they had to try and that after the test I had bleeding and some pieces of tissue flow out with the dye. The nurse said that was OK and nothing to worry about. My OBGyn should get the final results this afternoon.

This test closes the chapter on my physical recovery from the ectopic surgery and tubal ligation reversal. Now I can "let go and let God" and stop blaming myself for the past. It is a big relief to know *I* have not damaged my body to the point of infertility and that it is just God "opening and closing" the womb.
I can live with that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5