January 10, 2010

15ft and larger icicles in Texas

Hubby, aka my"Sparky", had to go down to Lampasas, TX this weekend to fix the machinery/wires/circuits...electric somethings in a rock quarry for the asphalt plant his company does work for. The quarry boss was afraid with our bitter cold temps of late that the water pipes used to keep the dust down on the rock crusher would freeze so he kept the water running.

This is what Hubby saw when he got there Saturday morning...
 Photobucket

The crew working that morning said these were the "new ones" as they had knocked down icicles TWICE this size earlier. For a size reference this equipment is around 50ft tall at the peak.
Photobucket


This makes me think of a cathedral the way the sun is streaming through the ice
Photobucket
Same view just a little later in the day
Photobucket

Hubby wished he could get up closer and take pics but he didn't want a trip to the hospital that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5