August 23, 2007

it is official!

We have to upgrade in order for my RC Cd's to work. Oh well, life goes on! I have some books for them to read and I got my Saxon math book 54 yesterday! DD1 wants to start in it but she needs to learn division and multiplication. We are using Hooked On Phonics for dd2 and she is progressing really well. I am pleasantly surprised at how well one can learn to read on their own!! The Cd's make it so easy for her that she is learning to read about 10 new words a day...far more than when she was in PS!! Praise the Lord for home-school!
Hubby is now working his 12+ hr days 7 days a week. It is weird to not have him home 'on time' every afternoon. I am trying to make sure we are eating dinner together as a family but it is getting harder and harder. He never knows when he will walk in the door at night and it is hard making the toddler wait that long. He is not upset if we eat without him but I want to have as much family time as we can. Looks like I need to rearrange my schedule during the day so it does not seem like we are eating so late. He also wants us to do things when he gets home but bless his heart he falls asleep when he sits down after his shower. The hours and the heat are really getting to him.
Today we are going to try and get the whole house clean and some more dinners made and in the freezer to make the work week a bit easier. I am thinking I need to go thru the girls' clothes as we bought new skirt hangers yesterday and we used all 24 and they still have more in the laundry! I am not sure how their closet is going to hold everything. I hate to get rid of anything as they can still wear all of it and everything will go well into winter if we add some tights and a few turtle necks.
Praising the Lord for His provisions as we want for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5