March 6, 2013

Blue and Gold Banquet

Our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet was 2 weeks ago. We enjoyed good brisket and fixings along with yummy cookies and 'nana puddin'.  We then honored our Scouts and a local dad who was headed to the War the next day. The Pack presented him with a large wool blanket signed by all the families with best wishes and prayers. It was humbling knowing he is willing to lay down his life for our safety and freedom. Our prayers are for a soon and safe return home for all of our fighting men and women!

Here are a few random pics...
Bub and I waiting to receive his awards
he won 2nd place in the Pine Wood Derby!
so many patches, belt loops and a pin!
his awards
cake we won in the auction... we donated it to our fire fighters who had judged the cakes.
this one won 2nd place!
another cake we won. this is the first place cake :)

at the fire house the Tigers who went with us got to play fireman!

when Bub realized he was getting awards Dad was called up and poor ol' mom was benched. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5