April 4, 2012

Patriot's journey - coming home

born July 10, 2011
came home to us October 31, 2011

coming home in the car.
she weighed about 35 lbs at this point

walking her new yard and first time on leash

Justice (Merle) and Patriot (Harlequin) making themselves at home

too tired to play any more

It took us almost 13 yrs to open our hearts to love another Great Dane after the passing of our first Dane, Ashley, in April '98 at age 8. 

We found the girls through a friend of a friend of a friend and a very complicated story that changed with each new telling.  When we finally got a straight enough answer we drove an hour to get them and had to fight to take both pups.  The "breeder" suddenly seeing interest in his pups was getting greedy and tried to up the price after having said these pups were destined for the pound because they were moving. 2 ladies rescued 2 of the 3 male pups and we got the only females. Was told the litter was originally 12 pups and 5 survived. :-(

We loaded the girls into the truck and headed for Petsmart for leashes, collars, and food. They had never been in a car, on leash, on concrete, away from their momma...  not a fun day for them with all the changes. A vet appointment the next day said they were healthy minus a rash that turned out to be possibly be demodex mange but never confirmed. 3 weeks of treatments, bathes, and good food healed them and it never returned up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5