February 13, 2012

you don't get what you pay for anymore

Our home laptop decided to start throwing viruses and slowly quit working. Hubby did what he could but it just got worse. We finally knew it was more than we could fix so we hauled it to our once favorite computer repair guy. A $100 and several days later the virus was declared fixed and we were informed our barely 2 yr old computer's hard drive might need replaced. We took it home and the next day booted it up for some homeschooling.  It worked great for about 45 minutes and then all the issues from the viruses started back up. We called the repair guy and he argued that WE MUST BE DOING IT WRONG because he had fixed it. Day 2 same issues. Day 3 I hauled it back to town for them to look at again.  Several more days and repair guy announced that indeed there were still viruses on the computer, the hard drive really needs replaced, and we should get a new OS. WHAT?! The computer came home again with the explanation it was finally fixed but may run slow because of the hard drive.  Can you guess where this is going?! I bet you can!  We booted up for school and EVERYTHING crashed. Hubby was barely able to get the pictures and school work off of it as it constantly locked up. Really?! I paid to have it fixed and yet here we are weeks later, money spent, and nothing working. Think they will return the money since it is not repaired? I don't think so.

Last night Hubby bought a new OS (same as on the computer but we didn't get the OS disc when we bought it) and began wiping out everything. We weren't able to finish it because of how long it took to upload the pics to photobucket (OVER 2 hrs!!! because of slow running/freezing up). He should have it fixed tonight and hopefully we won't need a new hard drive.

Until then I am on Hubby's school laptop. Got to get my Pinterest and Blog addictions in  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5