August 2, 2010

Painted tables

This project took me the better part of a week. I was using a brush to prime since we all ready had it laying around and I was trying to "use what I have". Hubby told me more than once to go buy spray primer but nooooo I am stubborn saving money. *oh my aching forearm muscles* Sunday I broke down and to Lowes I did go. 3 cans of primer later and maybe 30 minutes tops I was done kicking myself for the pain I had inflicted needlessly .

As the mosquitoes swarmed sun dropped behind the house I headed out and gave the tables a few coats of white spray paint. I came in the house covered in spray paint and hives/chiggers. 


Photobucket
BEFORE- how all 3 tables looked


Photobucket
AFTER- side table


Photobucket
AFTER- coffee table


Photobucket
AFTER- sofa table



In a week or more I will give all the bright white paint a rub down with a nice burnt umber glaze to highlight the details.

EXCUSE THE MESS WE ARE ORGANIZING THE HOUSE FOR OUR SCHOOL YEAR :)


linking up to FRUGAL FRIDAYS at the Shabby Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5