Chocolate Raspberry Torte published in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p57
Chocolate Raspberry Torte Recipe
- 12 Servings
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint and additional raspberries, optional
- Prepare the cake according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine milk and pudding mix; beat into cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and raspberries.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake; dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
I first made this in Spring 1999 for our Easter dinner. I lost my copy of Taste of Home during a move and have not made it since. Today we will make this for our church fundraiser for youth missions.
UPDATE!!!! this torte sold for $55 at the Mission Auction!!!! Peanut received $44 of that for her trip and the remainder went to the Mission group as a whole.