October 24, 2009

it sure is quiet

For the last few weeks things have been so hectic that it is weird to have 'quiet' again.

We moved my mom up to the panhandle of Oklahoma. We are originally from the area and most of my side of the family is still there. It was a 'surprise' move and took us just about 36 hours...round trip. WHEW! She is settling in and unpacking. I think this will be a happy time in her life and prayfully a less stressful one as well! We are hoping to make a trip up there for Thanksgiving provided Hubby gets his job to a stopping point by then. We are praying he does as this will be the first "H" family holiday since my grandparents died 20 yrs ago.

We got home just in time for Hubby's new job project to start. We see very little of him lately with day job, sometimes night job of substitute teachings at the local electrical school, and the things we are committed to with church. We are so grateful that he has work as he told me over 500 electricians in our area were laid off this year. I hate complaining of missing him when I hear things like that. Like right now I am sitting here waiting on him to come home after a trip out of town for his day job. Tomorrow will be a rare "have Daddy home all day" day! He should be here any second so I am trying to hurry and post. :)

We have had some ups and downs lately and God has shown us He provides! And THAT is an awesome feeling!! It will still be rough for a couple weeks but we will get through this with Him on our side.

I ask for prayers for my little boy. He was born with Hydronephrosis and is suffering his first UTI. UTIs are rare in little boys and not good for people with his condition. He also has protein and blood in his urine which could be from the infection or it could be a sign of something worse. We are waiting to get into a new pediatric urologist as his old one is no longer practicing. I hate waiting. The one good thing is he was given bubble gum flavored penicillin and he LOVES it! He dances around like a little bird with his mouth open when it is med time and he is sure to suck every last drop out. He even begs for more the little goose!!

 So for now in our home it is quiet as we wait for DRs, holidays, and Hubby to be home.

I am learning to be still and rest in God. Something I am so not good at. Hmm, maybe I am supposed to be learning something....

 

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5