March 21, 2009

The bad side of Texas rain...

FIRE ANTS!
They seem to swarm after rains and that is not good in my yard as my little girl is severely allergic to their bites.

I was out in my flower beds trying to break up the mulch, which has packed down from composting, and I found huge fire ant dens! I am talking 2-3 ft across dens!
One has taken over my bird bath and surrounding area. One is smack dab in the middle of my yard and I am thankful I did not mow and step in it. Been there down that. Got more bites than I could count before I could pull off my sneakers. OUCH!

So today I head to Home Depot to buy ant killer...
and pray that next week's predicted rain will not just wash it all away thus repeating the cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5