December 23, 2008

update on oldest daughter

She had a Meckels scan on Friday to see if she has a 'pocket' in her intestines near the appendix area. It required an IV and contrast dye. Should take about a week or so to come in maybe more. She also had more blood work and they had to dig for veins (and for the IV too) but she was a trooper and never complained.

We saw the GI DR on Thursday and he is at the point of stopping testing. He feels right now we have ruled out anything serious and 'normal' and since the issues are not affecting her height, weight or mental growth that further more invasive testing is not necessary .

Hubby and I are pretty much in agreement with the DR.

Hubby was at church on Sunday and someone mentioned that maybe this could be 'female issues' and it caused Hubby to think. The pain IS coming monthly and about the same time monthly. It is also in sync with my cycles. Maybe what we are seeing is not rectal bleeding at all. He pointed out the pain is in the right place to be female and maybe the vomiting and diarrhea are caused from the cramping. Hmmmm.... I don't know she did just turn 10 in Oct so she is a bit young to be starting. On the other hand in the past two weeks she has 'blossomed' enough the Hubby noticed and instated the 'undershirt' rule for all clothes. :) poor Hubby..he is not ready for this change in daughter yet

So anyways, we are going to watch and see if in January the pain/bleeding comes back. We are not having any more tests done (she has done them all minus exporitory surgery) and we are going to 'play it down' with her...let her know she is not going to die kind of thing


We thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5