December 26, 2009

"Need Something Tasty for the Holidays?"

guest post by~
Jess from Making Home


Thank you so much Jess for taking the time to write for us and for sharing such yummy recipes!




I'm Jess, and for over three years I've written at Making Home, and stash my favorite recipes at Making Home Food. Mrs. T invited me to do a guest post, so I thought this could be a great time to share some recipes for the holidays. Whether you'll be with extended family or just your own immediate family, it can be fun to take this season to try some new recipes. I'll share some savory, some sweet, some meals, some desserts ... so let's get started.



BREAKFAST IDEAS :


  • Every Christmas morning, we have the delightful tradition of having Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for breakfast. If you've never tried them, whoo!, you definitely want to try them this Christmas.
  • French Breakfast Puffs are sweet, cinnamony, buttery muffins. Very rich and delicious. Perfect for a breakfast bar sort of set-up if you're serving a large group, or for dessert!
  • Maple Granola is a simple, quick breakfast option that's both sweet and satisfying. Serve with cold milk for a new variety of breakfast cereal, or with yogurt for a tasty crunch!
MAIN DISHES:


  • Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a family favorite at our home. Served with baked potatoes or rice, the flavors of this recipe (honey mustard, white cheeses, the herb of your choice, garlic) are amazing. It's also really pretty so if you're serving family members, it's an impressive-looking dish.
  • My mom's classic recipe, No-Peek Chicken is always a crowd-pleaser. With cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, Lipton onion soup mix, milk, chicken, and rice all in one dish, it's one of the tastiest things you'll ever put in your mouth.


  • Chorizo Cod is a burst of flavor. Served over rice, this fish dish is an exotic-tasting but really easy meal to make.
  • Pizza Chicken Pasta is sure to please both adults and children alike. With a simple combination of spaghetti sauce, chicken thighs, parmesan cheese, pepperoni, and mozzerella, it's a favorite of ours.
SIDE DISHES:


  • This salad is amazingly good. It goes with virtually anything-- classic holiday food, Italian dishes, meat/potatoes sorts of meals. If you're trying to stretch your main dish to feed more people, and want a tasty side dish, this is it. Avocado, green onion, celery salt-- yum! Whenever we eat this, I can't have enough of it.


SWEETS & TREATS:


  • Aunt Pearl's Coffee Cake - moist and tasty, this one's easy: mix and bake!
  • Gooey Bar - This one's so easy and ultra-tasty. Perfect for a party.
  • Mountain Dew Dumplings - these are the best-tasting mini-apple pies you'll ever put in your mouth.
  • Banana Bread - this is simply the most perfect banana bread I've ever eaten. With a nice crust and moist inside, and a perfect mix of banana flavor, with a hint of vanilla... this is a great addition to a meal, a good thing to take to a party, or a wonderful Christmas gift for a neighbor or relative.


  • Holiday Ritz Cookies - Three simple ingredients have never tasted so good. I could eat these by the bucket. :)
AND IF THESE AREN'T ENOUGH...


  • Earlier this year, I compiled a group of dozens of recipes from some friends. These were all described as "embarrassingly easy" and tried-and-true. So you can dive in with confidence.
ENJOY! Hopefully this food will enhance your holidays and delight any who are blessed to share it with you. Merry Christmas!





Thanks to Mrs. T for the opportunity to share some of my favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5