October 16, 2008

stuff to the gills

I am sitting here in my stuffed to the gills home wondering how I can pack more in. Or at least put away what is here instead of adding to the growing piles.
sigh

I am looking at closets that don't function to their fullest. A pantry that really isn't much more than a glorified dumping ground for the dirty clothes. A master bedroom with piles of things needing to find homes. Homeschool supplies bursting forth from the one cabinet we have that honestly would be better off in the trash.


Do we have too much stuff?
Should I just break down and part with it all?

I am not an organizer by any means. I am a neat freak in hiding. LOL Though one could not tell from the constant state of my home. Chaos makes me insane. Disorder drives me nuts. So how did I let things get like this!?

I married a 'messy' and we are raising 2 little 'messies'.
Oh dear!

I am better than I used to be. I used to hold on to every little thing. Now I am a tosser. I am ruthless with trash and out grown clothes and broken things. So again I ask "HOW DID IT GET THIS WAY!?"

I need ideas. I don't even know the first thing on making closets and rooms more functional. I don't have the funds to hire a pro to come in.

I look around and count my blessings for all this stuff. There are those that are without. Maybe that is my answer. A friend once said, "Your excess is someone else's need."

Well, time to stop grumping and start working on this wreck.
I do have things to sell and maybe I can convince my hubby to part with things that won't sell. One can always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback :)
it makes me feel HAPPY!
I do not like SPAM so don't waste your's or my time :(

Pin It

FRIENDS and FAMILY

This widget will be deleted SOON. please see new followers button ABOVE

Words of Faith

"O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5